Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let’s Talk About Music by KaSonndra Leigh

Seeing as Blogger is being persnickety, I'm hoping this blog reaches everyone today.

We bring you today again another wonderful look into Hacienda Moon.

This post by our wonderful author KaSonndra is more biased on my end because it deals with my favorite topic: MUSIC!!!





Hacienda Moon’s Theme Songs

Main Theme Song:  Uninvited by Alanis Morrissette
"Uninvited"








The Lyrics:
Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot-blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you, you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch shepherd need shepherd
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before
But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
I need a moment to deliberate

Today I want to briefly talk about the song that inspired me to begin writing Hacienda Moon four years ago.

Although these lyrics and the haunting ballad pretty much says it all on I chose it as an inspiration for the book. The love story is tragic, but happy at the same time. “To watch shepherd need shepherd” pretty much covers the entire theme. And so are the next two lines: “But you you’re not allowed, you’re uninvited.”  

Two people finding one another among the pain, the heartache, the evil curse: well, you have a modern day Gothic Romance when all of those elements are thrown in. This song gives you that feeling more so than any other one. Alanis rocks for writing this one. Take a visual walk through the world of Hacienda Moon at: 


Where link-wise can your readers / fans stalk you?



2 comments:

Mila Ramos said...

If any of the readers would please tell me if this shows up? Blogger has been a bit odd today. I don't know if its because of the funky weather here or just Blogger.

Mila Ramos said...

MUSIC!!! OHHH I LOVE this song!!!