Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cover Real of Lost Immortals!!

Welcome to another day with KaSonndra Leigh!

Make sure to enter below for the great contest!

And now the cover for The Lost Immortals Book 1: When the Copper Suns Fall.


Isn't it gorgeous?! I think so too. 
So join me for the wonderful interview with KaSonndra! 



Interview with KaSonndra Leigh

Tell me about yourself. What’s a day in your life like?

First, please excuse my typos and any choppy sentences I may use on here. I’m all for having fun today and would like to save getting edited for later. :D

Well, I’m strange and odd in case you haven’t already heard. LoL I have two boys (the X-Men-yep! Both of their names start with an X) a cat, 2 dogs (one that’s possessed by a human spirit, a stubborn one) and a guinea pig. So a day in my life is SUPER busy!

When you were a child, what was your dream occupation?

I wanted to be a vet! LOL I know. Somewhere I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, right? (Had to check the google dictionary for that one).

Describe an incident in your life that’s helped mold you into the person you are today.

My grandmother’s passing seven years ago. I kind of thought she’d be around forever. It still hurts, but she taught me how to appreciate the beauty in words.

Who are your favorite authors?

I have too many. I’ll name a few. Traditionals—Anne Rice, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and the late, but great Octavia Butler. Indies/small presses—J.A. Redmerski and Abbi Glines (a facebook friend and southern gal like me…hehe)

What are you passionate about?

Too many things at once! LoL But mostly I’m passionate about waking up to discover what new thing there’ll be to make me excited that day.

What would I find in your couch cushions?

Your worst nightmare will come true if you look inside my couch cushions.

What’s your biggest fear?

Too many to prioritize. LOL

It’s 10:00 on a Friday night. Where are you?

I’m out partying with my actor friends as we wait for the latest star to arrive! Okay, so maybe that’s a bit extreme, but I am a writer. We make things up sometimes. :D

What sets you apart from other writers?

That most of my 2-star review readers are now my friends. I bet some people are saying… ‘Horrors! It’s an indie that talks to her 2-star people without posting arguments all over facebook and goodreads?’

LoL It happens and when it does you get a revised book like you wouldn’t believe.

We’re in a bar and I’m buying you a drink. What’ll it be?

For sake of my YA readers, I have to play it safe and say Bahama Mama. But that’s another literary lie. LoL

What are you currently reading?

I’m reading about 20 books at once.

How do you deal with rejection?

See the favorite drink question for that answer.

Where did the idea for your novel come from?

My grandmother told me to ask the flowers about the angels. So I did.

Do you have advice for aspiring writers?

Read, write, develop iron skin (tough doesn’t cut it anymore. Think Titanic) and start the process all over again.

What is the toughest criticism you’ve received as an author? 

That I need to go back to grammar school and buy a pair of new glasses while I’m at it. Yes, somebody actually wrote that my glasses are too ugly to be a writer. LOL

P.S. I’m not friends with that reviewer, btw.

What does your main character think about you? Would he or she want to hang around you as their author?

My main character, Faris Toulan, is super sexy. Wanna see what he looks like? Then go check out a pic of him on my pinterest folder for the Lost Immortals. He’s odd like me so we’d probably hit it off. LoL

Who would play the starring role(s) if your book became a movie?

So glad you asked this one:

Faris Toulan – (Jonathon Trent)
Seth Alton – (Sam Claflin) I claimed him before the Hunger Games people did.
Chela Prizeon – Heather LeBas- the model on the new cover. She’s perfect!

If you had to choose one…which song would sum up your story?

Teardrop by Massive Attack and Furious Angels (but I said one song, right?) Sorry. 

If you’d like, provide an excerpt and/or back cover blurb:

The Lost Immortals
By KaSonndra Leigh

Genre: YA Paranormal Fantasy

It has been fifty-five years since the angels of the Great Apocalyptic War attempted to wipe out humanity. Now a new nation has been built where alchemy is forbidden, and angels fear for their lives as they hide among the mortals. The city’s leaders share one view on the ancestors of angels: shoot first, no questions. When her twin brother falls into a strange coma, sixteen-year-old Chela Prizeon vows to discover her role among these exiles, the royal angels known as the Lost Immortals.

Chela’s only hope lies with the mysterious, but infuriating leader of a rebel group. But can she trust this boy…someone who can control her dreams and her heart?

Escape into a world filled with celestial creatures, fascinating villainy, high-stake choices, and forbidden romance.

Would you like to say anything to your readers / fans?

Thanks so much to you all for turning the Lost Immortals (subtitled When Copper Suns Fall) into the novel I always knew it could be. Yeah, the criticism was tough, and the reviews on the first edition were harsh; but in the end, I produced the book that everybody always knew it could be. 

Where link-wise can your readers / fans stalk you?










Author Bio:

KaSonndra Leigh was born in Charlotte, North Carolina. She now lives in the City of Alchemy and Medicine, North Carolina. She likes to write about people of all ages doing fantastical things in magical worlds. Her two sons have made her promise to write a boy book next.

She loves to play CLUE, Monopoly (the Indiana Jones version), and Pandora's Box (good writer's block therapy). She lives in an L-shaped house with a garden dedicated to her grandmother. It has a secret library complete with fairies, Venetian plastered walls, and a desk made out of clear blue glass.


1 comment:

Mila said...

Totally loving the new cover!!!