Sunday, February 25, 2007

A little bit of poetry for the masses

I wanted to add more to this, so I'm going to put up my poetry as well.

Collide©

I watched you from across the room as I worked on some papers. You brought work with you this weekend and locked yourself in the office. Taking a break, I rub my strained eyes and continue watching you. Things between us are so strange. We're agreed to things I’m not sure I even wanted. Yet there seems to be something that always pulls at me about you.

Something inside my heart and my mind that burns for you. The intensity of it is sometimes too much to bear. You keep to yourself about the other half of your life, and I tell you everything about myself. You know more about me than sometimes I even care to know. Yet a part of me feels I don't know you at all.

You're quiet demeanor is completely different than anything I've ever expected. Drifting through the house are the sounds of Howie Day. Appropriate it seems, the consistent strumming of his guitar speaking deep inside me as I continue watching you. Trying to figure out the mystery of you, not so much how to get in but how to be at least closer than I am now.

You look up at me and smile, and that shiver courses through me. That chemistry between this is first a small spark and manages to burn me alive.

I can feel from the far distance your hands moving over my body. You took time to know me and yet you still seem to reveal a secret I had locked away every time. The words you speak to me softly as you slowly rouse me to excitement in your arms. The way your body feels entering mine as I plead for you every time. From this distance, just looking into your eyes, I can feel us moving together in passion.

You stand and walk towards me extending out your hand. I put my hand in yours and immediately our lips fuse together in heated ardor. Leaning back on the table, the music drifting through the house, the tone of our coupling is different. It isn't frenzied or hurried. Slow and sensual exploration greets us both as we find the parts we know guarantees pleasure. This time though our collision together is a slow melding instead of a violent explosion.

Closing my eyes, I sigh as you remove my panties and slide into my body. That euphoria I can only feel in your arms wipes the doubt away. The doubt of our relationship, the doubt of how I’m viewed in your eyes disappears. The slight discomfort of your body sliding into mine brings reality and truth to the forefront. You move inside me not seeking a rhythm for yourself but trying to find one for the both of us to follow. You lead me in our ecstasy and I can only follow.

Gripping on to you tightly, you move me gently with your thrusts. I bite my lip as my heart beats things I can't speak just yet. Scared of truly letting you see the last part of me, a part I’ve never bothered revealing before. You kiss my lips softly, asking me to let go. I keep biting my lip holding on to the last thread of courage I can. Gently sucking on my bottom lip you coax me to relax as you soothe the mark my teeth left. Leaning forward you move deeper, whispering in my ear how much you care about me.

Unable to keep the secret from you, I quietly let the tears fall down my face and whisper my love for you in your ear. Why now am I trusting you with all of me but couldn’t before I don’t know. You whisper back as you continue moving inside me.

As my walls crumble in your arms, you tighten your grip on my body as your lips take mine again and you release inside my body. Following your lead I follow you over the precipice holding you tightly against me.

Pulling back away from me, we stare at each other breathless, beads of sweat covering our bodies. You leave gentle kisses on my lips and continue staring at me.

I am completely speechless as I realize that somewhere along those moments in your arms; something broke in me and changed in you.

No comments: