Friday, January 27, 2012

Enchantment by Lawna Mackie



 My apologies to all especially to Ms. Mackie for the tardiness of this post. Apparently I hit PM instead of AM for posting. 

_________________________
ENCHANTMENT
By Lawna Mackie

Available January 13, 2012 from MuseItUp Publishing.

Stumbling into the world of Enchantment brought Meeka everything she’d been searching for. Peace. Magic. A gorgeous knight in shining armor. Kerrigan is torn between his desire for Meeka and his duty as a dragon shifter guard to expel all foreigners.

Can Kerrigan keep Meeka safe as his enemies strive to turn her into a weapon that will destroy all he is bound to protect? Or will their passion override duty?





 _____________
ENCHANTMENT is my first book and very near and dear to my heart. The heroine, Meeka, starts off as a young woman dealing with the heartaches of parents who have been alcoholics all her life. Her escape is falling into daydreams where she fantasizes fairy tales can be real. After a fall into the water by a magical beaver dam she is transported to the world of Enchantment where she eventually realizes fairy tales do exist…with some big differences.

This world has talking beavers and magic abound, such as an automatic bath brush that looks like a rabbit. While Meeka has always dreamed of a knight in shining armor, she didn’t expect him to end up being a dragon!

Kerrigan has a hard time controlling the beast within him especially where Meeka is concerned. With just a mere touch from her, his eyes change to an eerie reptilian shape and color. His fingernails disappear, replaced by claws.

Of course I couldn’t leave Meeka plain and simple. She is actually a sorceress and her powers grow daily while on Enchantment. With power comes danger and evil. Meeka is the target.
There is another character in this novel that I’m absolutely in love with…well, actually a couple. Threeo, is a Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl. In my novel he is called a Hipodogwl. What does that mean?

About five years ago I had a bizarre dream. In that dream I somehow managed to create the Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl. He is part hippopotamus, part dog, and part burrowing owl…go figure! Chocolate and Milk at bedtime does it to me every time. Here is a photo of Threeo I hope you’ll like him.

ENCHANTMENT is due to release any day from Muse It Up Publishing. I hope you’ll enjoy the read, and send me some comments about the critters I’ve invented. Happy reading everyone!

QUINN’S CHRISTMAS WISH – December 1, 2011 available through Amazon and Smashwords. http://amzn.to/AforX1
IMPOSSIBLE TO HOLD – December 19, 2011 released through Liquid Silver Books http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com
ENCHANTMENT – January 13, 2012 released through Muse It Up Publishing http://museituppublishing.com

______________________________

About Lawna:

I have always believed in fairy tales and when I got tired of the old ones I made up my own. Each story would have a hero and heroine, but they were anything but typical.

I devoured my first romance novel when I was a teenager. I couldn’t read them fast enough. Years later I stumbled across my first paranormal romance…an injustice would be done if I tried to explain my joy when I found this genre of romance. My passion was finally in print.

Now, with the help of my bizarre dreams and crazy imagination, I have started to write and intend to share my stories with you. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do.

I am truly blessed. My husband and my animals are my inspiration. We live on a small acreage in Didsbury, Alberta, with our most beloved companions, Dozer, Daisy and Mandarin.

Happy reading everyone, I sure would love to hear from you.

Quinn’s Christmas Wish – December 1, 2011 available through Amazon and Smashwords.

IMPOSSIBLE TO HOLD – December 19, 2011 released through Liquid Silver Books http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com

ENCHANTMENT – January 13, 2012 released through Muse It Up Publishing http://museituppublishing.com

No comments: